How to Tell If You Need New Windows
Schedule a Free Consultation to Learn More
You might be wondering “Do I need new windows?” It’s hard to tell sometimes. Yet most long-term homeowners are bound to need to update their existing windows with new ones. If you need help deciding whether your windows are due for replacement, read the below tips. Or, contact Renewal by Andersen® of Sacramento today! Renewal by Andersen is your go-to window company for all your window needs.
Do I Need New Windows?
Your windows will provide you with signs that they’re starting to fail. However, it’s easy to miss those signs if you’re not paying attention. When you start seeing the below indicators, it’s time to upgrade your windows.
- The frames are starting to decay. While you can try repairing them, if they’re past their prime, it might be a waste of money.
- You feel drafts or your energy bills are higher. Leaking windows can reduce your overall comfort and cause your energy bills to increase. While you might be able to re-caulk or replace the weatherstripping, these might not do a lot for older windows.
- Your windows are harder to open and close. If you can’t easily operate your windows or they’re swollen shut, it’s time to get new ones.
- You see condensation between the panes of glass indicating broken seals.
- You hear a lot of noise from the outside due to poor soundproofing.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
If you’re unsure if you need new windows, don’t fret. Renewal by Andersen of Sacramento offers free consultations. We can come to your home, inspect your windows and provide you with an honest assessment of your needs. One of our qualified installers will also take measurements so we can provide you with an accurate estimate of the costs. Call us now at (916) 525-7711, or you can fill out our online form.