Fibrex®: A Revolutionary Composite for Lasting Weatherproof Windows
While wood, vinyl and aluminum windows have a tendency to warp and crack, Renewal by Andersen’s exclusive Fibrex® composite material is made from reclaimed wood fiber blended with a polymer for lasting weatherproof windows. Fibrex® is warranted not to flake, rust, blister, peel, crack, pit or corrode even after 20 years*. This frame material combines the strength and insulation of wood with the low maintenance feature of vinyl to create a superior product.
Unlike other window companies that don’t practice responsible stewardship, Renewal by Andersen products are created through a sustainable, ecofriendly process that leaves minimal impact on the environment. In fact, thanks in large part to Fibrex® material, Renewal by Andersen and its parent company Andersen Corporation are one of the first window manufacturers in the world to be Green Seal Certified.
So What Is Fibrex® Material?
- A blend of 40 percent wood fiber by weight, mostly reclaimed from Andersen manufacturing processes, with 60 percent thermoplastic polymer by weight, some of which is also reclaimed.
- Blocks thermal transfer nearly 700 times better than aluminum to help reduce heating and cooling bills.
- Reduces VOC emissions because no wood preservative treatments or painting is required.
- Twice as strong as vinyl, so weathertight seals stay weathertight.
- Retains its stability and rigidity in all climates.
- A unique fabrication process blends the color with the Fibrex® material during production for long-lasting beauty.
- Resists rot, decay and fungal growth, and won’t flake, blister, peel, pit or corrode*
*See limited warranty for details.